2009-03-10

Holga - The serious toy camera I was reluctant to take seriously.


I bought a Holga about eight years ago. A good friend had just started working at a now defunct dot com here in LA where he was exposed to the world of toy cameras by one of the site's designers (an incredible photographer in his own right). A pool of money was collected, many Holgas were purchased and that's how I was introduced to the Holga 120S. I quickly bought my own at Freestyle Photo a few days later but I never ran a complete roll of film through the thing.

Flash forward to February of 2009 and I finally completed a roll! I even processed the film in my sink. It had been sitting in my Holga for about three years before I finished off the last four frames a couple weeks ago.

There were some gems on there I have no recollection of taking. At some point I stuck a flash in the hotshoe and took the thing with me to a rehearsal with my band, Weed Patch. The negs were scanned using the transparency adapter on an Epson Perfection 1200U Photo.

I promised myself I'd shoot with my Holga a bit more now.

No comments: